iPhone 4 pre-order question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adeloren, Jun 7, 2010.

1. adeloren macrumors member

I have a question on pre-ordering as i did not pre-order the 3gs last year. If you have them ship it to your house do you have to take it into an Apple / ATT store to get it activated or can you do it by yourself on iTunes upon arrival?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

3. adeloren thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much! I am leaving on a trip on the 24th at 1130 AM, so i was going to go pick it up at the store at 10, wasnt sure if i was going to have enough time to get everything done. hopefully it wont be a zoo right when ATT opens that thursday and i can get in and out...

4. druck macrumors newbie

I have a question similar to this one. I'm wondering, if I pre-order the new phone under a phone number with an upgrade, when I get it in the mail will the phone be programmed to that specific number? Or can I choose the number I want to use it on when I activate it in iTunes?

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

When I did that last year I had to go to an AT&T store to activate that line. It kept trying to activate with the number it was purchased with, not the number I wanted to use.

6. druck macrumors newbie

Damn alright. Sounds like I'm better off calling them and seeing if I can get the upgrade switched so I can just order it from Apple with the right phone number.