iPhone 4 (Pre-owned)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Puff8370, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Puff8370 macrumors newbie

Hello all. I suspect that I may be the recipient of some bad news here, but here goes. I recently purchased a pre-owned iPhone4 from a shop. When I later sat down to 'personalise' it, I found that I could not download Apps or music, as the previous owners username and password was being requested.

Eventually, I went for a factory reset to remove the previous owners details, only to find that I still required them to complete the reset! I was fortunate enough to work out the previous owners email address from the phone and sent them an email, explaining my situation. Unfortunately, when she went in to remove the phone from her iTunes account, it wasn't there!

Any suggestions? (apart from taking the phone back to the shop) :confused:

Thanks

2. Superman80 macrumors regular

Contact the previous owner and ask them to follow these steps to remove the device from their account:

Sign in to their iCloud account at www.icloud.com/find.
    Click All Devices to open a list of devices linked to their account, then select the device to be removed. It should show a gray dot or the word “Offline” next to the device name.
    Click "Remove from Account" to remove the device from their account.

After the device is removed from the previous owner’s account, turn the device off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button located on the top-right side of the device. Then restart your device and proceed with device setup as you would normally.

3. Puff8370 thread starter macrumors newbie

Superman80

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Unfortunately, I have sent those instructions to her already, but she insists that the phone is not listed under her devices and therein lies the problem.

I think that I'll be going back to the shop! :(

Thank you