iPhone 4 Privacy Screen - eBay - Think again

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iph4, Feb 22, 2012.

1. iph4 macrumors newbie

Do not buy it.

The 2$ privacy screen arrived yesterday from HK.
    I didn't expect a high quality product, taking in count the 2$ spent on it, but ... It's horrible. Not acceptable, horrible.

To see something on the screen, you have go all the way up with the brightness. You can't imagine how this thing drains your battery.
    In the sun, you see nothing, even with the brightness all the way up.
    The screen it self is 3 times thinker than a normal clear screen. Thicker than the invisible shield.
    The phone display seems to have water on it, or allot of scratches. Don't know how to describe the phenomena ...

The problem now is that i'm stuck with this thing until the invisible shield arrives.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

First world problems.

Actually I can... it uses battery like the brightness is on full (beacuse it is).

3. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Just take it off? A screen shield is not needed but I know people prefer one for their "ease of mind". I've had my phone for over a year and still not a scratch on the screen.

Plus.. I would never be able to use a screen shield like that, so I can just imagine how much you're suffering right now. Hope your new one comes soon.

4. iph4 thread starter macrumors newbie

:))

I usually don't keep the brightness at full throttle, so i wouldn't know.
    The difference between mid-range (the way I like to keep it) and full-range, if we're talking of battery drainage, is huge.

I will take it off. Just wanted to share with you my suffering ... :))
    I bought it for school (exams), and for that will do the job, but for daily use, no way.

I work in a concrete plant and I need a shield. Imagine the screen of the phone filled of cement dust.