iPhone 4 - Problem receiving calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by caskid, Aug 13, 2010.

1. caskid macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Apologies if this issue has already been discussed, I've searched the various threads and couldn't find anything directly related to the iPhone 4, only older versions.

The problem I'm having (along with a few of my work colleagues) is that someone tries to call the phone, it doesn't ring but we get a text message alert within seconds from the network operator telling us we'd missed the call. Strange thing is, we're running iOS 4.0.1/4.0.2 and have a full signal so there shouldn't be any reason why the call wouldn't come through to the phone.

I wondered if it was to do with the network around our offices but it's happening wherever we are in the country.

Anyone else experiencing this issue and has anyone found a solution? It's not the infamous antenna issue as the phone is sat on my desk when this happens (with a bumper on and nobody holding it).

I've tried all sorts of things (as mentioned in previous posts related to 3GS and earlier) but none have worked (full restore with back up, full restore as new phone, reset network settings, changing Exchange email to Fetch every 30 mins).

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be very welcome as it's becoming a real pain in the backside.

:confused:

2. TW95 macrumors member

It might be your network, maybe, maybe not. It could also be your iPhone 4.

Take you iP4 back to the Apple store, it is likely you will need to book a Genius Bar appointment.

Are all of you running on the same network?

3. caskid thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply TW95

Yeah, we're all using the iPhone 4 on Orange UK. All the handsets were purchased at the same time (literally a few days after release) so it may be that they're all part of a faulty batch but it would seem unlikely.

I immediately thought that it might be a network issue in the area of our office but it seems to be country wide. Could be a nationwide issue I suppose.

4. TW95 macrumors member

My guess is that the problem is with the network then.

Pop into your local Orange shop and ask them. If that doesn't help then you could restore your iP4. If that still doesn't work then go to Apple.

5. loveithateit macrumors newbie

Not A Carrier Issue

I have had the same issue with my iphone 4. I am on O2 UK and have spoken to both them and apple. Apple refused to believe it was an issue and passed the buck to the carrier, O2 advised me to get a pay as you go phone and divert the calls. I have done this and have not had any problems with missing calls I have in the last week switched the divert off and guess what I have started missing calls again.

This is not a problem with the carrier this is an apple issue. I'm going to the apple store this afternoon and if I don't get a result you will find my update on the windows 7 phone forum tomorrow.

6. samh123 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I have iphone 4 running ios 4.2.1

have you heard back from Apple on this?
    did you fix the problem, because i'm about to though my iphone in the trash

Thanks

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Sigh, my wife is now having this problem... What is worse is we use our cell phones as our only phones, so having her miss calls and not be able to dial out seems to be a big issue...

8. rakesh.agrwl macrumors newbie

Hi, I am facing the same issue. Can you please share the outcome after you went to Apple Store?????

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Well done for being able to copy and paste already well known information...

And why drag a 2010 thread back up thats nearly a year old ?

Rolls eyes !!!