iPhone 4 problem that is a true challenge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WayneGFX, Mar 30, 2011.

1. WayneGFX macrumors newbie

I have a major problem that will take a genius to figure out. I am stuck on slide for emergency and connect to iTunes screen. All my blobs are saved in Tiny Umbrella and my iPhone 4 was jailbroken on 4.0.1 I am on TMobile and can't get the phone off of the emergency screen. If anyone knows a way to get this back in shape, please instruct me...Thanks so much

2. kimando macrumors newbie

What does iTunes say when you connect it to your computer?

3. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

It detects an iphone in restore mode, but that's after using Pwnage tool. If I plug it in without Pwnage it gives a sim card error,,,because it is TMobile

4. kimando macrumors newbie

Ok, without pwnagetool, does iTunes say No sim card found or does it say incorrect/unsupported sim found?

5. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

6. kimando macrumors newbie

That's a good thing, that means that you still have your baseband intact, if your baseband was screwed you would have gotten the no sim found message and that would have been more tricky unless you want to go to 4.3.1.

Have you tried restoring your phone with a new 4.0.1 pwnagetool custom ipsw? If you do that you can hacktivate it using limera1n or redsn0w, do everything you need in cydia with the unlock, then go back and do a restore from earlier backup.

7. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try that now & let you know what happens. Thank you so much
    What version of Pwnage should I use?

8. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

It says wrong firmware bundle selected when I try to use 4.0.1 in Pwnage

9. kimando macrumors newbie

Jailbreak the phone the same way you did the first time using the same version of Pwnagetool if that's what you used. I actually don't know if the latest version is compatible with older firmware files. Anyone else who can help out?

Edit: Alright, how did you jailbreak it the first time?

10. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

When I first jailbroke the phone it was on "Jailbreakme.com" now I can't get on to Safari on the phone so I can't do that.

11. kimando, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

kimando macrumors newbie

Sorry, I'm out of advice. I've missed this with the signing by apple also, so forget my advice.
    Hope it works out,

12. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

I got the iphone on Craig's List and than jailbroke it. Someone told me to get an unactivated AT&T sim card to "Fake" the iphone into resetting. Would you think that would possibly work? I am getting desperate. Maybe I should just wait for the new jailbreak and unlock with 4.3.1

13. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Find an AT&T sim card. Get a pre-paid from the AT&T store; inactive also works. That takes care of activation.
    D/l the original 4.0.1 ipsw from apple. Make sure you're d/l from apple and not someone else.
    Start TU's server.
    DFU.
    iTunes: Press option+restore. This opens a dialog box. Pick the ipsw you d/l.
    After it installs, you get an error message. Use TU to kick out of recovery.

FYI, if you bothered to read the hacks forum, you'd find that this is a very easy problem to solve. Stop being a lazy newbie. :rolleyes:

14. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been reading online and working on this phone for 4 days. I am starting to feel like I'm at a dead end. I have found nothing about what you mentioned about a AT&T sim card. I am with T-mobile so I don't think I can walk into an AT&T store and get a sim card. Is it possible to use someone else's sim to get the phone activated then follow the rest of your advice? I really do appreciate your help, Wayne

15. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Get a "prepaid" sim from the AT&T store.

16. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

If I am with T-Mobile can I get an AT&T pre paid sim card without a contract?

17. eastercat, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Edit: I was reading an article about xtian idiots trying to force their bs onto everyone else.
    My major annoyance with them coincided with my slight annoyance with you. Sorry.
    I suggest google if you don't know anything about pre-paid.

18. WayneGFX thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all, You are truly a piece of work. I ask for help and because, maybe I don't know it all....unlike you who, seems to know everything! It's a shame that people like you are so quick to judge and make rude comments to someone who merely just asks for help. Now that I read your comment, with your ignorance, I don't think I would trust you for advice on boiling eggs!

19. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Tone it down, Texas.:)

Edit: I thought you maybe had a problem with him from some other thread. He's brand new. So, really, tone it down, okay?