iPhone 4 problem with voice calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thehighpander, Mar 18, 2013.

1. thehighpander macrumors newbie

Alright so my iPhone 4(AT&T GoPhone, iOS 6.1.2) is having a problem with voice calls. When I make a voice call and hit send, the speaker icon button lights up immediately and I cannot hear any audio. If I turn speakerphone off, I still can't hear the audio. All other sounds and functions on the phone work flawlessly, as well as calling from any of the various free calling apps that I have.

The phone is not stuck in headset mode, and connecting a Bluetooth headset also does not work. An interesting thing to note, however, is that when a Bluetooth headset is connected I can only select speaker and the headset on the input selection menu. When I tried to press iPhone, it does not select.

I have restored twice, once from a backup, then a full factory restore, no backup. Neither helped.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might be causing this? Thanks.

2. Visubversa macrumors newbie

I too am having this same problem. I was able to get it to work if I sent my wife a FaceTime call, and then a regular voice call afterwards, and it would work fine. I'm in the exact same situation. When I push send, the speaker is on, but I can't hear them, and they can't hear me. Everything else works fine, and every once in a while, it doesn't show speaker, and I CAN make seamless phone calls. This is getting really frustrating!!!