iPhone 4 - Prospect for Baseband 02.10.07 Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by profinite, May 5, 2011.

1. profinite macrumors member

Does anyone know how close we are to unlocking Baseband 02.10.07?

When I purchased my iPhone 4 last August, it already had this baseband. So, it is not like I had accidentally updated the baseband to this version.

I am fully aware that unlocking is substantially more difficult than jailbreaking. But, I wonder if we have some idea when a new ultrasn0w unlock may arrive.
    :cool:

2. labman, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Nope!!! that's the Million $$$$$ Question. personally I'm not betting anytime soon. trust me if it were out or people knew when you see lots of talk about it. fallow the Dev-team or the blog for as much as any of us know.

3. profinite thread starter macrumors member

I understand, but it's frustrating.

I travel to Tokyo often, and I used to enjoy using a 3G rental SIM with my old unlocked iPhone 3G. I was of course able to use all of my contacts and make calls straight from the iPhone back then.

Since I am not going to roam on AT&T in Tokyo, it looks like I will have to rent and use a crappy cell phone while in Tokyo. :(

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

My personal opinion is they are not working on unlock at all. Some of the tweets the dev-team members have made, specifically comex, give me the impression they are losing interest in jb and unlock activities. It was a challenge and interesting at one time but it's turned into boring, grunt work. They've posted almost nothing about jb for the iPad2 either. Perhaps this team of programmers/hackers has decided it's about time to move on to other challenges. Again, just my opinion.