iPhone 4 Prototype

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t0264, Jun 7, 2012.

1. t0264 macrumors newbie

2. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

Considering the photo is a generic photo from the online Apple store and that they're asking so much in the beginning I would say its possibly fake and not worth the money.

3. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Scroll down and see pictuals of the actual item.

Since it's an iphone 4 WHITE, I wonder how rare the prototype would be since I'm sure many went around when they were testing the white color.... though it still is a prototype I suppose.

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

If it's legit, they'll be lucky if Apple doesn't contact them and demand a return of their property.

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

The serial doesn't pull anything up on Apple - which makes it either fake or legit.

The IMEI pulls up Apple for the Manufacturer and Test for the model.

All could be faked - the only real test is opening it up and looking at the color of the mother boards.

Given the guy has all positive feedback leans towards real - not to mention a few of those items were 1k+.

6. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

I have my doubts. Anyone can change the back plate on an iphone and call it a "Prototype". For prototypes, people are usually looking for really distinctive features like the 2 connector ports on that prototype first gen ipad. and then the testing firmware/software too. but something like this...

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Dunno why anyone would pay extra for this. At a glance you wouldn't even be able to tell that it's special.

8. war eagle macrumors 6502a

That thing is fake. Look above the speaker mesh, that was how they made the after market lcd's not the OEM.

9. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

You sir, are wrong.
    Apple originally had designed the white iPhone 4 to have this kind of proximity sensor, then changed over to the current style.
    How do I know?
    I owned a (real) prototype iPhone 4. Check my signature.

10. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

You never did get it back after being 'repaired'? Sorry to hear if you're who I'm thinking about and if that's the case.

11. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Didn't read the entire thread did you, I don't blame you it's too long. I did get it back in the end but it was just a really irritating situation...

12. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I followed it for a while, then it'd pop back up and I saw a few people championing to help and it seemed to look promising. I didn't see it pop up again after that so I simply hoped it all worked out for the best and never went searching for it.

Your saying 'owned' gave me hesitation. Glad it was finally returned, but, yes, from what I read it definitely was a nightmare you shouldn't have had to go through.

13. macbookflasher macrumors member

macbookflasher

iPhone 4 Prototype

No. I think its not a genuine, if It is genuine then why it is so cheap ? :confused:

14. t0264 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's running retail firmware, if it was running SwitchBoard it would probably go for a lot more