Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleBoyFreak

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Kentucky
Considering the photo is a generic photo from the online Apple store and that they're asking so much in the beginning I would say its possibly fake and not worth the money.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Considering the photo is a generic photo from the online Apple store and that they're asking so much in the beginning I would say its possibly fake and not worth the money.

Scroll down and see pictuals of the actual item.

Since it's an iphone 4 WHITE, I wonder how rare the prototype would be since I'm sure many went around when they were testing the white color.... though it still is a prototype I suppose.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
The serial doesn't pull anything up on Apple - which makes it either fake or legit.

The IMEI pulls up Apple for the Manufacturer and Test for the model.

All could be faked - the only real test is opening it up and looking at the color of the mother boards.

Given the guy has all positive feedback leans towards real - not to mention a few of those items were 1k+.

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
I have my doubts. Anyone can change the back plate on an iphone and call it a "Prototype". For prototypes, people are usually looking for really distinctive features like the 2 connector ports on that prototype first gen ipad. and then the testing firmware/software too. but something like this...

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
That thing is fake. Look above the speaker mesh, that was how they made the after market lcd's not the OEM.

Mars478

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, NY
That thing is fake. Look above the speaker mesh, that was how they made the after market lcd's not the OEM.

You sir, are wrong.
Apple originally had designed the white iPhone 4 to have this kind of proximity sensor, then changed over to the current style.
How do I know?
I owned a (real) prototype iPhone 4. Check my signature.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
You sir, are wrong.
Apple originally had designed the white iPhone 4 to have this kind of proximity sensor, then changed over to the current style.
How do I know?
I owned a (real) prototype iPhone 4. Check my signature.

You never did get it back after being 'repaired'? Sorry to hear if you're who I'm thinking about and if that's the case.

Mars478

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, NY
You never did get it back after being 'repaired'? Sorry to hear if you're who I'm thinking about and if that's the case.

Didn't read the entire thread did you, I don't blame you it's too long. I did get it back in the end but it was just a really irritating situation...

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Didn't read the entire thread did you, I don't blame you it's too long. I did get it back in the end but it was just a really irritating situation...

I followed it for a while, then it'd pop back up and I saw a few people championing to help and it seemed to look promising. I didn't see it pop up again after that so I simply hoped it all worked out for the best and never went searching for it.

Your saying 'owned' gave me hesitation. Glad it was finally returned, but, yes, from what I read it definitely was a nightmare you shouldn't have had to go through.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.