iPhone 4 Proximity sensor, Black vs. White

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by David Ormesher, May 2, 2011.

1. David Ormesher macrumors newbie

So, with all the talk about the white iPhone 4 delay being due (among other reasons) to the proximity sensor, I want to know if this means that the sensors are less prone to fail than the black iPhone 4. As a heavy phone user of my iPhone, the proximity sensor turns the phone on OFTEN with my iPhone and it drives me insane, muting calls, pressing the keypad, hanging up, etc.

Any former black iPhone 4 owners with white iPhone 4 want to throw in a comment here? They'll be appreciated :)

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

The white iphone seems to be much more sensitive to the point where I couldn't even use a invisible shield and had to remove the plastic piece on the inside of my otterbox defender.

3. oldkingdom macrumors newbie

oldkingdom

Hmmm... that's interesting. So, it is MORE sensitive, which sounds good for addressing the old issue but what about the opposite issue now? Blacking out the screen unintentionally? How about a happy medium? :)

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Proximity sensor would not work with invisible shield or otterbox. Everything else seems normal to me though but am not a heavy talker...