iPhone 4 Purchase @ AT&T question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevinhirsh, Jul 22, 2010.

1. kevinhirsh macrumors member

Hello,

I recently signed a brand new contract with AT&T and purchased the iPhone 4. The salesman said it would take 10-14 days for shipment but I was not given any tracking information. Should I be expecting any email once the iPhone has been shipped? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. FunkyTang macrumors 6502a

Ordered a 32gb iphone 4 on Friday July 16th. Saw tracking number on online order status on Tuesday July 20th. Delivered to AT&T store on Wednesday July 21st. Email sent within one hour of delivery. Picked up iphone on Wednesday July 21st.

3. BigRedOne macrumors regular

kevinhirsh, I ordered mine from the ATT store and it took around 7 days, maybe 6. But to find out the status, look towards the bottom, mid point of your receipt and you will see an e-mail address to link up with and it with show the status. I think (trying to remember) you need the phone number and the zip code once your on the status site.
    If the phone is being shipped to the ATT store, then use the zip where the store is located (address on top of receipt). I never received any notice/ status from ATT until it was received by the store and then the store sent me a e-mail that the phone was at the store.

Good luck, you are going to enjoy the phone, mine works great.

4. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Here's a link, type in your wireless number and zip code (for in-store delivery enter the zip code of the AT&T store). Worked great for me.
    https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status
    And also when your order ships, you'll receive an email with tracking info. :)

5. Kevio macrumors regular

Hi Kevin, this thread might be what you're looking for AT&T Order Status Thread

Average backorder time seems to be around 10 days

6. kevinhirsh thread starter macrumors member

thank you guys for providing that information for me. So far, everything is listed as "in progress." So the long wait continues....:(

7. belalrawi macrumors newbie

belalrawi

I ordered an iPhone 4 from an ATT store 10 days ago. but I cannot check its status.

When I go to the order status page and type in my number and zip code, it says that the information is not valid. Anyone else have this problem?

8. headcheese macrumors regular

Others were having the problem before. Try inputting the zip code of the store where you ordered the phone, not your billing zip code.

You're welcome :)

9. belalrawi macrumors newbie

belalrawi

Thanks for the tip, but I actually live in the same zip code as the store.

Did you guys get an order number? I am using my phone number because the only thing I see on the receipt is an order id.

10. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

The order number is under the barcode between the two asterisks (ex. XS86...) and use the zip code under "Ship To:"

11. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I got super lucky.. called around the first day i4 hit ATT stores and managed to grab one that day.

It's worth the wait. I just took it out of the case (for only the 2nd time) to stare at it and it's honestly a piece of art and a wonder of modern tech. You'll love it!

12. belalrawi macrumors newbie

belalrawi

It worked! Thanks.

Its "In Progress"