Iphone 4 questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mitsitsad, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mitsitsad macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm hopefully getting a preorder in sometime tomorrow for my iphone - right now I have a 16gb 3G and I'm pretty comfortable with the available space @ 2gb with tomtom and other hefty apps installed

my first question pertains to the video - the 720p is obviously going to take up some space, but how much? From regular tv rips that I download (h.264) 30 minutes is usually about 700mb - so would that be safe to assume? if so I'm going to go for the 32, if not i'll stick with the 16

next, this is in regards to a hacked app, so it may not belong in this thread - but I'm speculating that 3G Unrestrictor should be able to trick the phone app into thinking it is always on wifi, therefore FaceTime over 3G would be possible? Am I wrong?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

HD video space usage- we need to know kore about compression before we can answer that question, although I would assume it would be around 45 megabytes per minute.
    Hacked apps- we can talk about those here. We just don't help people steal applications that developers put hard work into.
    Facetime over 3G- I think it'll work but we can't be sure either way.

3. imchrislewis macrumors newbie

Launch Day Questions

Ok so i won't be able to pre-order until my sister pays her half of the bill but my question is... if i go to the 5th ave store in nyc the night before what are the possibilities of me getting the phone at launch?

4. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Well the line is probably going to be relatively large...