iPhone 4 Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steve17360, Jul 22, 2010.

1. steve17360 macrumors newbie

Hi, here's some questions:

1. I don't suffer from the antenna issue, but when I first bought my phone I used a bumper. I didn't like the bumper so I removed it. After removing it I found that my battery life increased (yes, really). Could it be that when the antenna is covered by a case, it has to work harder and causes more battery drain?
    2. I have issues when I use auto brightness - this is fine when I use the phone outside, but when I use the phone inside the screen is ridiculously dim - is this a common issue?
    3. If I have a recurring calendar event that I amend to alert at a different time, as well as alerting at the amended time, it also alerts at the default time. I don't use mobileme or google sync. Is this common?

Thanks guys.

2. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

1. Your battery life increasing is probably more to the battery being 'conditioned'. More than a few people notice their batteries performing better after using them up and charging them again a few times.

2. I have noticed that my roommate's iPhone 4 screen is noticeably dimmer than his old 2G. I think part of this is the fact that the screen is an IPS LCD screen. Even though IPS offers better color reproduction and better viewing angles than regular LCD screens... they are usually not as bright as other TFT screens. I know this because I have IPS monitors on my desktop and laptop.

3.I have no idea