Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Magikshotty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Can someone tell me if my phone is being a b*tch or its the new iOS but s*it I get like 190MB of RAM when nothings running in background. I have almost no tweaks installed, dreamboard isn't used since as soon as I use a theme it drops to 100-110MB. On iOS 4 I used to have the same tweaks and was getting between 340MB and 360MB of RAM. I even tried jailbreaking then installing SB Settings and nothing else and I was only getting between 250MB and 270MB.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
I just checked and I get around 314 MB free with LockInfo, SBSettings and BiteSMS running. Perhaps a restore and re-jailbreak would fix it? In all honesty, I'm not sure. What tweaks/packages do you have installed?

Magikshotty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
I just checked and I get around 314 MB free with LockInfo, SBSettings and BiteSMS running. Perhaps a restore and re-jailbreak would fix it? In all honesty, I'm not sure. What tweaks/packages do you have installed?

I did restore and re-jailbreak many times.
I have:

-Activator
-AppSync
-ColorKeyboard
-Datacounter
-IntelliscreenX

And thats it.

I used to have tons and tons of tweaks and theme before and was getting arround 360-370MB.

+ Yesterday, I opened Twitter and dropped to 14 or so I don't remember but it was above 25.
Most of the time if i don't Free memory I'm arround 150 with no app running in background

Right now no Apps : 201MB
After free'd : 254MB

Thanks for your reply

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
That's iOS 5 for you unfortunately. Try disabling iCloud completely if you havent already.

Magikshotty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
That's iOS 5 for you unfortunately. Try disabling iCloud completely if you havent already.

Yea I took a look at some other threads on this forum and it seems like people aren't getting more than 310 after freeing memory.

Thanks a lot to both

Magikshotty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
AppSync, ColorKeyboard, and IntelliscreenX would most likely be the culprits for the memory hogging. Not much you can do about it though.

Yea, but i guess the main reason is the notification center.

trenfro

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
i'm pretty sure than iphone 4's have 1gb of RAM. Try deleting some of your running apps (double tap home button, hold down one until the minus button pops up and delete them one by one). This may help. My iPhone 4 gets glitchy when i have a bunch of apps running, i do that and it's fine!

----------

one question: how do you figure out how much RAM you have?

Magikshotty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
i'm pretty sure than iphone 4's have 1gb of RAM. Try deleting some of your running apps (double tap home button, hold down one until the minus button pops up and delete them one by one). This may help. My iPhone 4 gets glitchy when i have a bunch of apps running, i do that and it's fine!

----------

one question: how do you figure out how much RAM you have?

Sbsetting and many other tweaks tell you.

Ccmon I'm more experienced with iphones than that. If i complain about my RAM I obviously tried to delete some apps or AT LEAST close background apps srsly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.