iPhone 4 Random Network Lost

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by raghav2511, May 18, 2011.

1. raghav2511 macrumors member

Hello,

I have had an iPhone 4 for a while now. I've unlocked it using UltraSn0w. The problem is that quite often the network on my iPhone just disappears. There's nothing repetitive about it. I mean it happens anytime, anywhere. I really need help because it is really affecting my business.

Talking to people one sec and then the other second the network's gone, and it takes sometime as long as an hour to get it back. Which becomes very frustrating.

I have to constantly restart it and take out the SIM and a lot of other stuff too.

Any help ? Please ?

2. sshhoott macrumors 6502

sshhoott

Hey Raghav, I have the same problem. The network is lost anywhere, but most likely when I am moving (eg in a car or train). First I thought that its the phone switching cellular towers, but then later found out that the signal is still lost when I'm stationary.

What is your current version of iOS that you are running and on what network?

I'm running iOS 4.2.1 (which is not the latest version) on Rogers Network. I have it currently jailbroken with Greenpoison. Before this on the earlier iOS 4.1, I had it jailbroken with redsnow and these problems didn't exist.

What I am going to do now is update my phone to the latest iOS version and jailbreak it again. Observing how my phone performs, I will let you know of my results.

In the mean time give me more details on your phone.

3. sshhoott macrumors 6502

sshhoott

Problem solved, just upgraded to iOS 4.3.3 and jailbroke it with redsnow.
    It automatically upgraded the network carrier from Rogers 9.0 to 10.0

And then also reset the Network Settings from General > Reset

4. raghav2511 thread starter macrumors member

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. Im currently on 4.1 and unlocked with limera1n. Im using my phone on BSNL in Indore, India. The network in general is ******, but I have a HTC Desire and that doesnt seem to loose network at all, so i am pretty sure its not a network thing. Ive had this problem since i was on iOS 4.0.1 to begin with thought it would go away but didnt. Ill update to the latest iOS and see if it helps.

Also I went into Settings>General>About and it said - Carrier 8.0
    My baseband is 01.59.00 (If it helps)

So im assuming thats what you meant by Rogers 9.0 because i dont have my carriers name prefixed with the version number.

5. raghav2511 thread starter macrumors member

I did search a bit and found out that there was an update guide at tiny umbrella for 4.3.1 not for 4.3.3 and it also mentioned that tiny umbrella is having some troubles with baseband 1.59. So i guess i cant upgrade to 4.3.3 till the time tiny umbrellas updated.
    Thanks for the info anyways