iphone 4 randomly going into recovery mode.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by judesign, Jul 18, 2010.

1. judesign macrumors newbie

My week old iphone 4 has been working perfectly for about 6 days and then last night I picked it up and pressed the home key and nothing. So I plugged it into my mac and it says it is in recovery mode and needs to be restored with newer operating system.

Tried the restore and got an error 1600. Then held the on key and it turned on and was completely back to normal. Same thing again this morning, pressed home key and nothing. This time I got the restore to work and updated the software to the 4.1 version ( with the new bars) and everything seems to be OK for now. I have made an appointment with a genius but was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions? Thanks

p.s. I have not put anything on the iphone but music and apps from itunes. I don't jailbreak or anything like that.

2. celticpride678

3. judesign thread starter macrumors newbie

So, in your opinion, will the software update and restore fix the issue or could I need a new phone? Thanks again.

4. celticpride678

I don't think that it will happen again, but it could possibly be a hardware issue.

5. BKM72 macrumors newbie

Just happened to me. Was browsing digg.com when it acted like it installed something, then showed "connect to iTunes screen".

Now says must be restored.

Sorry to post same info in 2 threads, but this is weird.

6. BKM72 macrumors newbie

Restore resulted in error code twice.
    Finally restored but back-up error code.

4th sync seems to have done the trick. All my apps and folders are spread around though.

Some data loss (but that's probably more of a back-up date issue).

Definitely reverted back to an earlier version of Mail.!!!
    **EDIT** Mail in tact, was a settings issue.