iPhone 4 randomly not registering first touch when loading page in Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Susurs, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Susurs macrumors 6502a

Susurs

I noticed lately that when my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.0.1) loads a new page in Safari it randomly sometimes does not register first touch if I try to scroll it. Afterwards everything is fine. Maybe page is still loading and lags somewhere in process. Anybody experiencing the same thing?

2. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Is it before the edit button on the bottom left appears? I know Safari is done loading when that edit button appears.

3. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

im pretty sure its the OS -- my 3gs never did it before, but now does it intermittently in mail and safari...

4. Susurs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Susurs

Not Safari app itself but webpages it loads. To me it seems that page has finished loading or almost finished loading (Sorry for my English, can't explain better). Maybe it just needs few seconds after that as well to complete everything or it's some kind of bug. If I wait for some relatively longer time after the page has loaded and than try to scroll than it's ok.

I think it's a software problem as well cause I do not get other problems with touchscreen. And if others experience this as well than it just confirms it.

5. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I do get that too. I loved how I could pan around the webpage while it loads on my 3GS, but there is definitely an issue with iOS4 and safari.

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Yeah, mine does the same thing too. I hope they fix this in the next version. It seems as though when it first loads it loads just an image of safari and it takes it a while before the actual program is loaded.

7. Susurs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Susurs

Do you have Iphone 4 or 3GS?