iPhone 4 randomly powering off?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thadoggfather, Aug 27, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I read of this problem on Apple support forums.

The problem is that I have a jailbroken 4.0.1 and I'm going to unlock it because I'm going to be in Europe for 4 and a half months starting on Tuesday.

I don't want to go to the genius bar and get a phone with 4.0.2 and be screwed.

Randomly in the past day, the phone has powered off twice. I hope by running the battery down all the way and charging it up all the way will fix the issue.

What are your thoughts?

If I plug it into a wall outlet, it will resume exactly where it was before as if the phone didn't even turn off but needed to be wakened from a deep, coma sleep.

2. thep33t macrumors regular

If you have your blobs saved for 4.01, it might be worth it to do a restore adn start from a new phone.

3. GunBlazerX macrumors member

I have had the same thing happen twice, the phone seems off but it's actually just the screen refusing to light up. Don't know why either.

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I do have blobs saved on TinyUmbrella. last time I did that though with 4.0, iTunes froze the restore process and I had to update to the latest (4.0.1 at the time).

I want to be really careful. If I get 4.0.2, I'm SOL.

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

It only happened twice? I think the phone is a deep coma sleep because the vibrate switch didn't make the phone vibrate. AS soon as I plugged it into the wall, it showed the charging thing (without the apple logo bootup as if it were still on but needed to be really woken up).

If it's a rare occurence, no big deal.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2476608&start=0&tstart=0

Suddenly, I'm not as worried about it. LOTS of reports of this.