iPhone 4 randomly Running awfully slow? Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dextor143, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

Guys,
    i have an iPhone 4 running with 5.0.1 unlocked with ultrasnow... Everything was fine and smooth until yesterday. My iPhone is running like a 20 year old computer. Keyboard is taking 1 min to type, safari is taking 5 min to load a page.....just very very slow.

I deleted all the open app, deleted bitesms, deleted zephyr even deleted spire....Just to see if they are causing it...They were working just fine

I even try to sync with iTunes but that also is taking like forever...

Can you please tell me what may have caused it....One thing i know i do is usually keeps the phone up all the time during the morning while hooked up to my work computer to listen to music etc.

even if I need to set it up as a new iPhone can I just go and restore it ...will it upgrade my baseband? I am running with 1.59.00
    please help me.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

Do you have winter board installed as this sometimes causes lag but not as drastic as you describe.

I used redsn0w to un tether jb my iPhone 4.

I found that winter board caused a little lag but installing the barrel tweak and turning off the summer board helped.

You've done the usual method of deleting recent tweaks to see if something is conflicting.

You may have to restore via iTunes to remove the jb and set up as new and then re jb.

hope all goes well.

3. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

^ so just connect and click restore? will it keep my baseband same?