iPhone 4 rebooting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fireguyy, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Fireguyy macrumors member

I've had this happen approximately 6 times now, and the last two times it happened, today and yesterday, I noticed that it does it just as I hit send on a text message. The screen just goes black and then the apple logo comes up 10 seconds later, like it just rebooted itself. Has anyone else experienced this? My wife has one too and said it hasn't happened to her, but maybe she just hasn't noticed it.

2. King Luis macrumors 6502

i think i saw another thread on here a couple days back or in the troubleshooting section about this. don't know what the result was though....have you tried a fresh install of the latest update?

3. Fireguyy thread starter macrumors member

I did install the update last night, but this was happening before the update as well. I'm thinking Apple will want me to restore the phone, before they look at it? When I got the phone I restored it from my 3G, maybe this has something to do with it?

4. King Luis macrumors 6502

maybe, try doing a fresh install on it. if it still happens, head to apple. i doubt people here would have any ideas since their whining. :p

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I'm pretty sure it has to do with RAM management. Same thing happens to me when I download magazines using safari and then save them to iBooks. I think the RAM is full and when you launch another app there is not enough ram for it to run properly it reboots it's self to free up some memory.

6. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

I keep getting reboots from killing things in the multi-tasking bar. Any yes, I realize I don't need to close things there, that not all of them are currently running, that the things are are running aren't really running (depending on the app), and so on. Sometimes I just want to clean it up. I can kill about 10-15, then it locks up and eventually reboots. It doesn't seem to be one particular app that causes the problem, it's very random.

I've also had several instances of something running out of control and eating up all the resources on my phone. My phone get extremely choppy. I'm sure it's a rogue app, but never tracked down which one. It's only happened a few times.

At this point I'm not sure if I should wait for the new software release (still on 4.0) or trade the phone. It seems like a software problem, but I've not heard of anyone else with the same issue and my friends with new phones can't replicate the issue. I could have bad RAM, but I'm really suspecting it's a software issue.