iPhone 4 Recall Proof... Well, Sorta.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OnNightfall, Jul 14, 2010.

1. OnNightfall macrumors regular

It hit me just now, and it was a combination of these two links...

Apple Prepping Genius Bar Changes: Focus on Shorter Wait Times, Multitasking, Overnight Repairs

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/14...er-wait-times-multitasking-overnight-repairs/

+

Apple Holding iPhone 4 Press Conference on Friday

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/14/apple-holding-iphone-4-press-conference-on-friday/

= Possible Recall

Think about it...

On a possibly related note, we and others have separately heard that a teaser has gone out on Apple's internal Retail News Network (RNN) for its retail store employees noting that something "big" is coming.

- Multitasking: Genius Bar technicians are being asked to serve multiple support customers at one time, using downtime during appointments such as during reboots or while diagnostic tests are running to assist another customer.

Cmon guys... Call me crazy! Coincidence? Why would you beef up your support staff for something big before an iphone 4 announcement? To serve multiple customers maybe meaning help someone with their comp while recalling someones iphone 4...

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

yep your crazy

3. hipvamore macrumors regular

4. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

5. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Employes at my Apple store always help 2 or 3 people at the same time.

That is nothing new.

6. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

I have yet to see a genius help someone else while they're with a customer. Just saying.

7. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

anything is possible if you convince yourself long enough.

those are two unrelated stories, this is just as bad as the person here on this board saying that because he already pays $99 for Mobile Me, Apple should allow him access to the Developers Community because he doesn't feel he should have to pay $99 twice.

Apple making changes to the way it runs its retail stores and the iPhone 4 reception issues (or non issues, depending), two unrelated things.