iPhone 4 Reception Issue Theory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattZani, Jun 26, 2010.

1. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I'm not gonna claim that it doesn't exist, or that Apple have done this on purpose. I may give people a shining light of hope however.

Case - I went into my O2 shop, tried to replicate the fault, nothing happened. Today my friend told me both phones did it for him, but i know they didn't do it for me.

So, here's MY theory.

THE PROBLEM IS PERSON BY PERSON.

Some people's skin is conductive enough to cause an issue, others its not, but then, humidity etc will also change this. So what i say is, go and see an iPhone 4, if you can replicate the problem, then consider a case or changing the way you hold it, if not, then you are a chosen one :p

I'll try and get a video of me and a friend proving that on the same phone, one person can do it, and the other can't.

Anyone feel the same way?

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

People using full body cases or the Apple bump case are still exhibiting the issue with no skin-on-metal contact so... there goes your theory. ;)

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

4. MattZani thread starter macrumors 68030

MattZani

Could still be a person to person problem though, as i imagine different skin properties, jewelry etc can all restrict a signal.

Are they seeing full signal drop or just a reduction?