iPhone 4 reciever very very quiet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lstarkey, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Lstarkey macrumors newbie

My reciever on my iPhone seems to be very quiet to the point where you can't hear even with the volume turned up, I have to make a call via speaker or earphones to be able to have a conversation which is very annoying , I tried restoring the handset and it worked but then today it has gone back to being quiet again, I don't know whether it's a coincidence but the problem arose soon after I updated to ios 5.0.1. Please if anyone's had the same problems I would very much appreciate a solution, thanks

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Its a hardware problem (not software), make an appointment with Apple to get it replaced.

I had the same issue back in June, the Genius told me it was a known issue.

3. Lstarkey thread starter macrumors newbie

Already did on Sunday. She had no idea what was wrong and said because they already replaced my handset back in July because of a broken screen I would have to pay. Meh. :-(

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Are you still under Warranty?

Have you tried restoring your Phone again (not from a back-up)?

5. Lstarkey thread starter macrumors newbie

Not under the 90days warranty anymore it ran out by two weeks. Yeah I restored it and it worked. Then today it went back to being quiet again. Very strange.

6. anniebio macrumors newbie

New iPhone?

In case someone made the same silly mistake as me... if it's a new phone and the receiver sounds quiet... remove the the plastic protector on the front of the phone - it covers the earpiece :)