iPhone 4 recorded video playing upside down on other devices. O__o?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iParis, Oct 19, 2011.

1. iParis, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So a bit over a week ago I recorded this show for this band a lot of my friend are in. The video plays fine on my iPhone, but I've run into some problems elsewhere. It plays normally in preview on my MacBook with a little lag and plays almost perfectly with QuickTime. It also uploaded to YouTube just fine. Although, when I try playing with VLC Media Player or through my external hard drive on my blu-ray player it plays upside down for some odd reason. I have no idea why it does this. I've recorded their shows before and haven't had this problem, the only differences I can think of is that it was at a different venue and I was using iOS 5 this time as oppose to iOS 4.2.10. Anybody else run into a problem like this?

2. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

If you play the video with quicktime it won't be upside down. If you use VLC it plays upside down probably because it doesnt know how to read the orientation information to adjust for it.

Or you could just hold the camera the other way to record right side up all the time

3. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

It's the first time it's happened though. All the other videos of their sets play fine and not upside down in VLC, except this one.