Iphone 4 recovery mode stuck

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuego123, Nov 3, 2011.

1. fuego123 macrumors newbie

The problem is my Iphone is stuck in Recovery mode and is displaying the Itunes logo with a usb cable under it .. and in Itunes it says your phone is in recovery mode you need to restore it ...

What happened I wanted to downgrade from IOS5 to 4.3.3

went into the host file in windows/system 32/etc and editied that file in note pad by added 1 single line to it.

Then in itunes I held Shift and clicked restore and I picked Firmware 4.3.3 ... once the installation of ios 4.3.3 I received error #1... my iphone rebooted then it began to display Itunes logo with the usb cable under it.

I then went into Tiny Umbrella and I cliked on exit recovery mode and it would work for a few seconds then the Iphone would reboot but after 10 seconds it would go back to the Itunes logo with usb cable under it ..

my question is how would I fix this issue on my Iphone? I want to go to IOS 4.3.3 if its not possible how can I put IOS 5 back on my Iphone ?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

you need when blobs to lower firmware editing host will not work. You might Hagee to go back to 5.0

3. fuego123 thread starter macrumors newbie

how do I do that when Itunes wont even let me install ios 5 onto the phone

4. schiotz macrumors newbie

You probably need to put it in DFU mode to recover.

Connect to you computer, with iTunes running.

Switch the phone off by pressing both power and home buttons simultaneously until the screen goes blank.

Switch it back on by pressing AND KEEP HOLDING both buttons (you may need to be fast, otherwise it may switch on my itself). Hold them for 10 seconds. During that time the apple logo appears, after around 8 seconds the screen goes blank. Release the power button, but keep holding the home button for another 15 seconds. The screen remains blank, if not try again.

iTunes should offer to reinstall the phone now.