IPhone 4 redsnow stuck at set up or iTunes error 1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Flyers12, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Flyers12 macrumors newbie

Hello

My sister recently tried to update her phone to iOS 5.1 never jailbroken but it failed and caused her phone to be stuck in a recovery loop. I searched and tried a lot of things until I came across tiny umbrella to kick it out of the loop and redsnow to fix the loop after dfu. The phone boots up fine but when you go through the set up to activate it says cannot activate... I tried many times and failed.

I then tried to proceed with restoring to stock iOS 5.1 like initially but again failed with iTunes error 1 and gets stuck in a recovery loop once again. I tended tried te tether jail break for redsnow, like the recovery loop fix no activation. Does anyone have any advice? I can feel the phone so close to coming back to life but never fully there. Thanks all

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

try putting it in DFU-mode and try again with 5.1

3. Flyers12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done DFU Mode a couple of times and it still gets stuck at iTunes error 1, I'm going to try and redownload a fresh version of the ipsw through iTunes and see what happens, but so far iTunes error 1 has been coming up no mater what mode I use so far. Thank you for the suggestion

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Are you leaving an official sim in the phone to re-activate it when it comes out of recovery ?
    Error 1 (or -1) is expected after an iOS5 restore, and Redsn0w will kick it out
    Then it requires re-activation via active or inactive sim from original carrier who sold the phone.

5. Flyers12 thread starter macrumors newbie

The official sim should be in there, but it is an Verizon wireless CDMA iPhone 4 so I figured there would be no sim needed to insert and we did not deactivate the plan or the phone. It is the same phone so I figured it would activate automatically like before. I'm sorry I'm used to AT&T iPhone jailbreaks this is the first time I'm using a Verizon iphone