Iphone 4 related query

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rodeoz, Jul 30, 2011.

1. rodeoz macrumors newbie

Hi

I recently purchased an unlocked and jailbroken phone in India. I have no idea which country it originally belonged to nor do I know which software was used for jailbreak (I don't even have Cydia etc installed).

I downloaded itunes and registered for an account choosing 'India' as my region and registered my Indian credit card as well. Then I went to Settings>Store on my Iphone 4 and logged in successfully using the same id.

But whenever I launch the Store Application on my iPhone I get an error - "The item you've requested is not currently available in the Indian Store". On clicking "OK", the app shuts down. I am able to download apps from the itunes store on my PC using the same id. (The itunes store shows the apps' prices in $ instead of Indian Rupees though but I am not sure if it should indeed show the price in Indian Rupees).

Apologies if this has been asked before. I tried searching a lot but could not locate a similar issue.

Many thanks!
    A

2. CrunchiTech macrumors newbie

if you provide the link of app then i will better u the better solution.. there are some app which u cant use is Pakistan as well. dnt need to worry

3. rodeoz thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually the App Store itself does not open on my iPhone. I get the error when I try to launch it using the App Store icon. Consequently, any app that needs to connect to the store does not work - like itunes, ibooks etc