iPhone 4 release time...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daddycop03, Jun 14, 2010.

1. daddycop03 macrumors newbie

This is not a re-post. Just what I was "officially" told by a sales rep.
    What I get from this is they genuinely don't know when, there is no queue so if you order anytime tomorrow it won't matter, and they are NOT worried about running out. The only thing I did not ask about was the white iPhone 4 (at&t will not carry any till later, not sure about other stores).
    Here's the convo....

You: Hi. It is only six hours away from the "launch date" of iPhone 4, and I have not heard an official time for when pre-orders start. Apple reps must know by now, as you guys will have to be helping out...

Thomas: I appreciate your vote of confidence, but we will not know until the pre-order process is put in place.

Thomas: We find things out as soon as the public does.

You: so no one will know when they can pre order until it is time to pre order?

Thomas: That is correct.

Thomas: There is no queue in place however, so it doesn't matter when you place your order tomorrow.

You: So sales reps are not worried about running out of phones? I assume Apple has stocked up well?

Thomas: Since this is a pre-order, there is no need to worry about an stock or inventory.

You: Ok well thank you for your help and have a "fun" day tomorrow!

Thomas: I sure will!

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Then why didn't you add it to one of the existing threads on the subject?

3. daddycop03 thread starter macrumors newbie

All others that had any info of the like were pages in to the thread. Thought I'd put it as the first thing. It really doesn't matter. No need to start flaming the thread over it. I'm sure others will read it and find it helpful. I'd have liked to have come across this info rather than searching all over for it in day old threads...

4. Built macrumors 68020

THANKS for posting, daddycop.

I, for one, appreciate it.

I am trying to sort out whether I will be able to pre-orrder from my local Best Buy but if that does not pan out, I will be pre-ordering from Apple.

How odd that there doesn't seem to be a method to the madness with regard to pre-ordering.

Thanks again for posting.

5. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the thread. I'm pretty sick of all these nerds busting a nut over repeated threads like they're going to end the world.

6. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i'm surprised there is not a thread about somebody emailing steve on this issue.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

A) Doesn't matter if the thread is days old, your post bumps it up
    B) People are actively subscribed to those threads. They are more likely to see your post there than they will a new post that is quickly lost among all the other repeat crap posts put up lately
    C) All of these crap reposted threads are causing so much clutter in the forum that it's impossible to find a thread that isn't about what time pre-orders start, can I upgrade, or what color iPhone are you getting.

It's about the usefullness of the forum. Repeat posts make it less efficient.

8. MrSingh macrumors regular

geckoteck's right you know but then again it could have been worse - instead of starting this thread, you could have committed a murder or some other kind of serious crime in order to deal with your pent-up 'when can i pre-order' angst...so any way consider yourself slapped on the wrist....lightly slapped :D

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

LOL...true :p

10. wardev macrumors regular

Actually, I just called apple and a rep told me that the iPhone would be available for preorder at 5 AM PST.

11. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

THEY ARENT GOING TO RUN OUT OF PREORDERS! STOP WORRYING!

x

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

^THIS^