iPhone 4 release = WIN

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VSMacOne, Jun 29, 2010.

1. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

With all the fuss about the reception problems, I don't think anybody made note of just how smooth the iPhone 4 release has been overall. I just wanted to point out some of the things I think went EXTREMELY well with iPhone4 release. The pre-ordering was frustrating for some, but I had a good experience. I called AT&T at 8:30 am and ordered 4 iPhone4's for our company with no problems.

The phone arrived one day before the official release. It was love at first sight! I've never held such a well-built phone before. I've used my phone without any protection for 6 days now, and there are NO scratches on it. My 3GS had scratches on after the first time i took it out of my pocket. So to me, this is impressive. I'm not denying that it may brake easier if dropped, I'm just saying so far, this iPhone has been very easy to keep scratch-free. Last night I had my first accident with it and fortunately for me, it survived the 1 foot drop off my bed onto a hard floor without a crack or a scratch.

The camera, the screen, the buttons,the battery, the speed are absolutely incrredible. I am very impressed. I do have ONE issue: bottom left corner touch of Hades! I drop calls as soon as my hand touches the corner. I've been very vocal on the forums about how Apple needs to fix this. And I think one way or another they will (either replace phones or software update). However, I have noticed improved reception in other areas. There are a few locations around where I live where I used to drop calls on my 3GS EVERY time. Not with the iPhone 4. To me, that means Apple must have done SOMETHING right.

And on launch day for the iPhone4 compared to the 3GS, activations went a lot smoother, despite the additional volume of sales. So I just felt like all in all, this was indeed the best iPhone release so far.

PS. I may be biting my tongue in a few days if Apple does not fix the reception issue, but right now, this is how I feel.

2. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

But yeah, I totally agree. It was very smooth and coordinated, better than last year.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I agree, though the Iphone 4 has had a weird history already. The leak, the pre-order mess and now all the issues people are complaining about. Doesn't matter to me much because I am enjoying the hell out of my phone, but it;s been a weird release to say the least.

4. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I was just happy I finally got my preorder through around 10:00 EST on the 15th and I still got my phone on the 23rd. I'm enjoying it too, I love it. Even though I have the reception problem, I'm using a bumper which I planned to use from day 1. I couldn't be happier with my phone overall.

5. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Do you have any screen protection on? My ZAGG invisibleshield just came in and I'm planning on using it with a bumper, hoping there won't be any issues. With my 3GS, i wasn't able to find a thin case to fit on top of the IS.

6. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

There needs to be praise on the forums to encourage people. If potentials are only seeing negative then what does that say about the product?

I agree with this guy and I am 1000000% happy with my iPhone 4. Fuggin LOVE it. Incredible phone, I love the operating system and it's almost unbelievably fast.

:D

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

It's not even finished yet, and you're saying it's smooth?

Wait until it's finished. There are some people who've pre-ordered who haven't got their iPhones yet. Yes, they pre-ordered before the iPhone was released.

8. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I'm with the OP. You try selling 1.7 million units of an insanely popular tech product in such a short time with no issues. I'd say they're getting pretty good at it all things considered.

9. aluren macrumors 65816

And also the fact that some pre-orders were delivered ahead of launch date. To me that is an EPIC WIN.

10. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I was talking about launch day and the first couple of days after. Last year it was a nightmare for anybody who tried to activate their 3GS on launch day. Compared to that, this release was pretty smooth!

Most people didn't have to try for hours to activate their iphone 4's.