Iphone 4 - "Repeating"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sugarray3000, Sep 28, 2010.

1. sugarray3000 macrumors member

Hey guys. Heard from a man who said that IP4 was more dangerous than other mobile phones because of its SAR. Thats not correct right?
    Furthermore he claimed that the IP4 used something he called "repeating" which is when another IP4 in the same area needs signal "my" IP4 would give some of my signal and there for give me more radioation? I really cant get it?
    Can anyone tell me is that correct or wrong?
    Is there a higher risk of getting sick by an IP4 than from other phones?
    And is "repeating" really existing?
    Sugarray

2. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I wouldn't worry about it.

Seems faulty.

How would a guy know about the iPhone doing that, he must be an expert at phones to know information like that or heard it randomly and believed it and told you.

If he's no expert, then don't go by his words

3. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

My iPhone 4 can do backflips, it also causes cancer as a biproduct of said backflips.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The iPhone 4 can be harmful if someone throws it at your head. That's about it.

5. Injector macrumors newbie

ALL mobile phones are dangerous, as is wifi and bluetooth etc. Quite how dangerous is anyone's guess, even the experts don't know yet. Like cigarettes we're sure to know they're bad for us eventually!

What makes a phone with a 'low' SAR any better than a phone with a 'high' SAR? Is it not just like low tar cigarettes versus regular cigarettes? Will a low SAR mobile phone kill us in 20 years whilst a high SAR phone kills us in 5? Nobody knows. The iPhone 4 has an 'average' SAR rating so I'd just go ahead and use it.....unless you hate the fact that mobiles 'might' be dangerous, in which case don't use one at all.