iPhone 4 replacement back, Flash now leaks when used?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lazerbrains, Sep 22, 2011.

1. lazerbrains macrumors regular

lazerbrains

I bought a replacement back for my iPhone 4 online, as did my wife. Hers is a pink metal back, and mine is brushed metal. Hers works wonderfully, and mine doesn't. When I take a picture with the flash at night. It blows out the entire picture. When I put the original white back on it is fine. I can't see what is causing this problem. So I ordered a different one, and this one is even worse.

The only difference I can see, is that the original white iPhone back has a small square piece of foam surrounding the flash diffuser. The replacement backs don't have this. However, I took the one off the original iphone back and placed it on the new ones, and it didn't solve the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing this flash issue? Or does anyone know where to get a good quality back that will work with the FLash on the white iphone 4?

2. The Afroman macrumors regular

The Afroman

make sure there isn't a clear piece of plastic on the inside of the lens on the new backing.. all the backings i have bought had one.

3. katana92 macrumors member

katana92

inner side of battery cover normally has plastic layer. like plastic packaging sheet. make sure its not there and if it is peel it off.

also outside battery cover have a very close look at lens camera hole. some time there is very small round thin layer of plastic on it just on lens part not whole cover.

using small blade or knife try to peel it from one corner very slowly don't scratch your lens just to get idea if some thing is peeling off.

AJ

----------

oh and make sure there is no plastic protector sheet on outer part of cover if there is plastic sheet like screen protector just peel it off.

also if you are using protector for back side make sure there is hole cut for flash and lens

4. lazerbrains thread starter macrumors regular

lazerbrains

Thank you for the response, but I did check for that. There was no plastic on the inside.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement back that does NOT interfere with the flash on the WHITE iPhone 4?