iPhone 4 replacement ( due to sleep wake keep issue)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greylee, Feb 24, 2011.

1. greylee macrumors member

so i have had my iphone 4 since july 2010 and it has been amazing! but till last weekend, my sleep wake key broke! it just didn't have the click/pop. the key stuck down. so i went to the apple store and they told me the only thing they can do is to replace it with a new phone. so thats what i did. the apple staff just took some checking and gave me a new phone to. not the whole box brand new phone kinda thing. just straight up an iPhone 4. ( but i suspect it is a refurbished phone ). i guess im okay with that since the issue is fix and i have my phone back. but now im so scared of using the sleep wake key now. what if it breaks on me again?!!! what would apple do if it breaks again? and is this sleep wake key stuck down a common issue? or I was just 'lucky'?
    what u guys think?

and and for you guys who have had their iphone replaced. did your iphone applecare automatically transferred to the new headset too?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I'm sure you just had bad luck with that button. The new one should be fine, wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure they will transfer the AppleCare over also, just make sure to mention it to them.

3. greylee thread starter macrumors member

yea, coz i search the forum and didn't see anybody mentioning this issue. and about the applecare, I called the applecare people, the lady told me it was weird that the applecare hasn't shown up on my new headset yet and she couldn't manually transfer the applecare either. so she guesses it might be in the process of transferring. and honestly, I shouldn't be worried coz I have all my receipts for the applecare purchasing/registering and the replacing of the new headset. so even if there is some trouble with transferring I can still proof that i have valid applecare and i had my phone replaced. Im just paranoid about things not being perfect LOL

4. iBryton macrumors regular

The phones are generally NEW or refurbished, but new casing.

Since your product is in warranty, it carries on with the new device.

Let's say you were out of warranty and you payed $200 for a new device, that new device would come with 3 months of warranty.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Yes, you should be ok until July 2011.

If it breaks again or any other defect comes to light, just make another appointment and the Genius will be happy to assist you :)

6. greylee thread starter macrumors member

so it has nothing to do with applecare? the warranty is only a year? even tho i bought the applecare for iphone?
    my current applecare covers my phone til july 2010 but it broke again in like december 2011. Is apple still gonna take care of it or i have to pay for the repair?

7. greylee thread starter macrumors member

well I read the applecare page, it says it extend the coverage of the 1-year limited warranty to two year. then shouldn't it be until July 2012 that i should not worry about my phone breaking?

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Seriously, stop being a victim and use the phone like it was intended, not scared to use it in case something breaks.

9. greylee thread starter macrumors member

oh no i am not scared of using it at all. I have applecare coverage and stuff. and i use it properly so im all covered. Apple will be fix it if anything breaks again.