iphone 4 replacement no longer unlocked.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lewys, Oct 15, 2011.

1. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

I got the iPhone 4 unlocked from an apple store when it was first released last year with a vodafone sim card but when i got home i found a better deal with orange so i got a sim card from them and went with them instead.

A few weeks later my phone was dropping calls so i returned it to the apple store and they gave me a new refurbished one.

I have just put a vodafone sim card back in the phone a year later and it looks like the refurbished one i had from them wasn't unlocked. I know its been a year but do you think there is anything i can do about it?

thanks

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

you could try but you probably won't have any luck. What I would do is explain the situation and than show you the original reseat and the replacement reseat.

opps spelling error... oh well

3. lewys thread starter macrumors 6502

lewys

i know i got my original receipt but i might have to have a look for the refurb receipt.

do you have to plug it up to iTunes or something when the new sim is in for it to work? it has already been in another phone so it doesn't need to be activated or anything.

4. lewys thread starter macrumors 6502

lewys

5. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

to activate your new sim, hook it up with itunes, it should not be a problem..

6. lewys thread starter macrumors 6502

lewys

its already been activated and been used in a different iPhone 4 do i need to do it again to make it work in my one?

7. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Evfery new iPhone you get, and to be used with your exsisting simcard, the iPhone HAS to be activated everytime you change the iPhone model. Try, you got nothing to loose.