iPhone 4 Replacement Policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arif123, Jun 25, 2010.

1. arif123 macrumors newbie

I got an iPhone 4 with defective LCD panel ( http://www.linksalpha.com/discuss?id=iphone-4-orders-being-prepared-for-shipment-665194 ). I went to an Apple store to report it. They pulled out a new unit in a box for a replacement. When I handed in the receipt (I bought it from At&t store), they said they cannot replace with a unit in the regular retail box - they can only offer a new iPhone 4 that is not packaged in a retail box. They suggested me to go to the At&t store if I want a unit in a retail box. I went to the At&t store but they didn't have a unit in stock. The rep at the At&t store told me to double check with Apple store with their replacement policy, since Apple is responsible for the device regardless where the unit is purchased.

Do you think what I experienced at the Apple store is standard Apple replacement policy for defective unit? Should I try another Apple store?

2. decadentdave macrumors 6502

They can only swap them with unboxed service replacement phones under warranty. You still have your original Apple retail box so what's the big deal? They give you a brand new replacement phone and take your defective one. All warranty repair swaps are handled through the Genius Bar.

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Yes, you got the standard reply for an iPhone that was purchased at AT&T or any retailer other than at another Apple Retail location.

You will be offered an Exchange in a plain box. They are brand new so what's your issue?

AT&T does not handle any iPhone warranty issues, all warranty is done through Apple did you read the agreement you signed with AT&T?

Dave

4. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

Jesus....What is with some of you people and your issues with getting a replacement in a white box? You get to KEEP you original iPhone box, all they do is replace the phone ( not the box, not the USB cable, nothing else )

The phone is still BRAND NEW no different then the one you ordered...It just doesnt come in a sealed iPhone box...

and if anyone says there refurbs NO there not, Its WAYYYY to soon.

Go to the apple store, get your repalcement and be done.

You seriously travel all around store to store just to get one in a box?

I got a replacement today, I order mine from ATT online, waled into apple and told them i was getting the "insert SIM card message" and they swaped it out within 5 mins....Done....He took my phone, gave me another ( from the white box which is still new ) and i walked out....

5. c1ar3 macrumors newbie

Can I get a replacement iPhone 4 by calling apple even though I ordered from AT&T online?

6. notmymac macrumors member

@c1ar3

Yes you can...I did a replacement for a dude today who's proximity sensor we determined to be defective...Of course it did involve 45 minutes of troubleshooting and 20 minutes of holding to clear it with a Tier 2 Advisor...But it happened..We even waived the $29 AR fee...

7. carlili4190 macrumors regular

My girlfriend found a dead pixel on her screen after 20 minutes of having the phone... We went back to apple and they gave us a brand new iPhone 4 no questions asked