iphone 4 replacement problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Prawnstar69, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

my dad had got an iphone 4 the week it came out, never gave it for repairs but it fell down in water recently and its not working now, we went to apple and told them we want a replacement but they wouldnt replace it because of some different screw, "NEVER" given it for repairs, they said it has a star shape screw and this is some other screw and they wouldnt replace it... what to do?

2. consolelzz macrumors newbie

different screws? there are two type screws for apple iphone 4. first one is pentalobe( as you mention start) , second one is philips. I think you bottom screws is philips type, all are from apple company.. you can buy a iphone 4 repair tool kit and give to apple " we have open turn the screws off, please repair it". another way, you can buy screen replacement and repair by yourself.
    recommend here: http://www.phonelcdwholesale.com/iphone-4-screen-replacement.html , hope it will help you

3. Prawnstar69 thread starter macrumors regular

ah nevermind, i got it replaced from another authorised service center, thanks.