iPhone 4 replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dan14, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Dan14 macrumors regular

Hi All,

Just a quick question - I got an iPhone 4 fairly early in the UK. I heard alot about the signal issues people were having but I couldn't really see mine being that bad. Anyway, after about a month of use, I have become increasingly aware of signal dropping, calls dropping, and places where I used to get full signal with my 3GS now get about 2 bars with my iPhone 4.

Do you think I should make an appointment at the Apple Store? Are they still replacing iPhones because of this issue?

It's worth noting I do have a case from Apple, the Belkin clear one in fact but I've tried others, what do you guys think?

2. Dan14 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Rofl macrumors member

4. Dan14 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for not searching...

Yeah it was after I upgraded to 4.1...no issues on 4.0.1!

Is it 4.1 that's screwed it up?

I have my SHSH backed up so can always upgrade but if I get a replacement at the Apple Store tomorrow I won't have that luxury. What do you recommend, just downgrade or push for a replacement?

5. Rofl macrumors member

Well, if it's purely a software issue, then it's unlikely Apple will replace the phone for you. I had the exact same problem as you and I honestly felt it was a hardware issue that was affecting my phone - I got it replaced but the same issues arose.

Either wait for a future update to address the problem, or just downgrade for now. You could call Apple to verify, but they'll probably just tell you the same thing as what I've told you.