iPhone 4 Reservation Guide to Stress Free Living

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chriskzoo, Jun 16, 2010.

1. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

If, like me, you have a reservation at an Apple store and, despite having an email are not 100% sure you're it's going to be there on the 24th, follow these instructions:

1. Print out your confirmation email and bring it to the Apple store. Be apologetic and say "I know you've heard this 1000X already, but my confirmation email didn't come with a confirmation number and is kind of cryptic, so I just want to see if I made it on the reservation list."
    2. If Yes - you're golden. If no, and you have been nice they might offer to put you on there.
    3. If they say that you would have to show up bright and early on the 24th, simply go home and place your order on Apple.com and accept that it will get there when it gets there.
    4. Kick back with a nice scotch and cigar and realize that there are far more important things to worry about in your life than waiting a couple weeks for a new phone.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

I vote for just skipping to Step 4

3. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

You should change your title as your content refers to iPhone reservations and not pre-orders.

4. chriskzoo thread starter macrumors 6502

Stopped in and confirmed my preorder - their reservation thing showed 783 reservations for my store alone :eek: I think that might include Genius Bar fix-it reservations between now and then, but that can't account for more than 30 or 40 reservations.

Now kicking back with scotch and cigar. :D

5. tmthydunne macrumors newbie

i just called the store i made the reservation at and they were able to check the Confirmed Reservation list and confirm that i was down for one. i gave them my name and they responded w/ "32GB Black? yup, you're here. we’ll see you on the 24th"