iPhone 4 response is slow

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xela24678, Jul 27, 2010.

1. xela24678 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I just noticed that when I press the home screen button on my iPhone, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds until it responds. I compared it to my brother's iPod touch that has iOS 4. My iPhone is slower than his. Can anyone explain this or give me some advice on how to fix it? Thanks

2. ayush20m macrumors newbie

It hardly takes a second when the screen is already unlocked. In standby mode it takes around a sec to show the lock screen

3. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

For example: when I am in safari an I press the home screen button, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds to respond. My brothers iPod doesn't even take 1.

4. ayush20m macrumors newbie

That never happens to me, did you try a hard reset?

5. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah. it still takes a long time. Any ideas on how to fix?

6. ayush20m macrumors newbie

My second guess would be the number of apps installed on your phone and are any apps running in the background? If nothing works, apple should take care of it.

7. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

no apps are running in the background. no push or anything. it driving me nuts.

8. chris.robison macrumors regular

Did you transfer from a previous iPhone?

If so, do a restore and setup as new.

9. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

this is my first iphone. i guess i will just deal with it. after all, its just that, i don't really think that is worth talking to apple for :(

10. ayush20m macrumors newbie

They would replace it for a new one. Dont be afraid if you are having a problem. No point ruining your experience.

11. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

I did another reset and it seems to have gotten faster. I called apple care and they said that it was normal since than iPhone goes through a lot be always checking for things such as call and text messages. It's ok I guess. I still think my iPhone is awesome.