iphone 4 - restarts springboard as soon as homescreen appears

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by watsmyname, May 21, 2013.

1. watsmyname macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have installed an app "Call Blocklist" from cydia. When it asked to restart springboard, the apple logo came and instantly went off to bring the Apple Sign up window. After signup (or skip signup), a screen came that says "Start Using Iphone".
    All these Signup window, and start using iphone window should have come upon new install of the iOS. And when I click the button "Start Using iphone", it goes to homescreen but springboard instantly gets restarted and shows apple logo repeating same process.

I wanted to restore using ipsw file (I have version 6.1), but itunes doesnt let restore the file with the copy of firmware file i got.
    Anyhelp will highly be appreciated

Thanks

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Hold volume up while booting. It should allow you onto the home screen by disabling all your tweaks. Once there, uninstall the offending tweak and reboot the device

3. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Beat me to it :)

It's likely to be a conflict between two tweaks rather than the new tweak itself. If you know what the other conflicting tweak is then contact the devs of both tweaks and hopefully they'll do an update.

4. watsmyname thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a million! you saved my day

5. watsmyname thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, that solved my problem but another issue came up. All my songs in iphone is gone and now I can no more sync music to my iphone.
    Any help will be highly appreciated.

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Are you syncing using iTunes?

7. watsmyname thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes with latest version of it