iPhone 4 Restore: Stops at a certain point consistently, no errors. Just doesn't move

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hunter x az, Oct 23, 2010.

1. hunter x az macrumors member

My iPhone 4 won't restore fully. I've got 4.1 downloaded through iTunes, and I'm using the latest iTunes on Windows 7 x64. I have tried 4 times now, rebooting, using different cables, etc. It stops at about what appears to be 65% and just sits there. I've left it for 10, 20, 30 minutes, and nothing. No errors on the phone, or in iTunes.

Any ideas?

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Leave it even longer... That's the only solution I can formulate. Otherwise, I suppose you could remove the .ipsw from your machine and try to re-download it, though I doubt that will make a difference.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

It is possible your ipsw was corrupted. You can try the trick mentioned above or go to iclarified and d/l the ipsw (you have to search). Press option+restore and pick the file.

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

if you have wifi sync installed, that messes up with restores some kind of way. make sure you uninstall that first

5. hunter x az thread starter macrumors member

I did. Trying again.