iPhone 4 - Restored From Back-up, have something on it relating to JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Danny Kegstand, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Danny Kegstand macrumors newbie

Okay I didn't know where to post this and wanted to see why this could happen... just thought it was odd and wanted to see if anyone else had this happen. When I had my JB 3G, I used the "Make It Mine" for custom carrier name and custom status bar (or time bar whatever you wanna call it)... I restored my new iPhone 4 today from the back-up of my 3G, and to my suprise my carrier name and status bar thing had the custom names like I did before. How is this possible??? Just wondering since nothing else relating to a JB is on it... just that

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Because you restored from a backup. Isn’t it obvious? The only way to rid all traces of the JB is to restore as and setup as new.

3. Danny Kegstand thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I understand why it happened... I just didn't realize that it did that... it never did any other time I restored... I figured it woulda just took all the JB stuff off completely, including carrier... just assumed it wouldn't be there

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

You assumed wrong. Restore as new is the way to remove JB stuff 100%. ;)

5. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

you guys arnt getting his post... he is not trying to get rid of jailbreak.. he is saying because its not jailbroken.. how is it possible that custom jailbreak stuff shows up on his iphone

6. LPPanther macrumors member

I don't think you're understanding the responses. When you restore a backup of a jailbroken phone, some traces of the jailbreak, including edited carrier names, can carry over regardless of whether the new phone is jailbroken or not.

7. Danny Kegstand thread starter macrumors newbie

^^^ Thanks... I understand now, just didn't know it was possible I guess lol

I just restored and am starting over as a new phone... thanks for the answers lol

Here's to hoping that a JB for i4 is out SOON lol