iPhone 4 restoring problem!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BvizioN, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BvizioN
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

BvizioN

Hello

I do apologise if there is any similar thread but could not find one.
    I was trying to restore the iPhone 4 to the manifactures settings on iTune when something happened. In the iPhone screen, it did display the "Conect to iTunes" message and on the iTune (on iMac) it did display the message "Failed to restore.......

The USB lead was pretty damaged near the 30 pin conecter so i suspect it may have something to do with it. Even when conected to the iMac it still shows "Conect to iTunes" message and it won't show up on iTunes as a device. I will buy a new 30 pin USB lead today..... meanwhile does any one have any suggestion as to what to do next?

Thank You

2. blaake
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

before you buy another cable i would try and find someone near you and just try theirs. Odds are it probably is the cable. i had a problem like that happen but i just had to restore it a 2nd time and it was fine

3. BvizioN
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 601

BvizioN

Thanks blaake. Cable is not much of concern, as they are chap... plus i think i already have one at work. I am more concern if something happened to the phone while doing the restore proces. Will find out tonight.