Iphone 4 Return Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by na300zx, Jul 12, 2010.

1. na300zx macrumors member

So I just received my iphone 4 and the proximity sensor is driving me nuts! I see that I can return within the 30 day period and the restocking fee will be waived. However, how does this affect the ETF of my new contract? Do I revert back to my old contract with my 3GS and be subjected to that ETF if I decide to cancel? Keep in mind that I am a year into my contract and I will more than likely cancel my service altogether and go with Verizon. Thanks in advance.

2. seagullcanfly macrumors newbie

I bought mine from apple.com and returned to apple.com. From what they told me, I would no longer be under a new contract based on the iPhone 4 since I had essentially canceled that contract within the 30 days. I was coming from an iPhone 3g, however.

3. gordian macrumors member

I bought my phone at Best Buy on launch day. If I suspect I'm having proximity and signal strength issues, where do I take it to have it examined? Best Buy? Apple Store?

4. Dxs016 macrumors newbie

Doh

Had the new iphone 4 since launch date. had yellow screen which went away and proximity sensor is really bad. I just phoned apple and they said the hardware is faulty.

She made me answer a few questions like when does it do it, how long into a call etc. I then had to check for water sensors to see if they where red.

She sending me a replacement out asap. should be her friday.

if your having problems mate send it back. dont put up with it.