iPhone 4 returned tonight @ Apple Store, awaiting White iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, Jul 21, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

1) How long until AT&T resets my account so that I'm re-eligible for an upgrade again? I heard it's just 2-3 days max

2) Who else is color swapping?

To the pitchfork waving protesters who say "HOW DARE YOU rob somebody else of an iPhone!", it's not our fault. We were never told a date of when the white iPhone would be available, so we bought the black iPhone and waited patiently. Now we have a date, and we have a RIGHT to return it if we so CHOOSE.

2. D3lta macrumors 6502a

You answered the first question.

I'm returning my iPhone on Friday and getting the white model. Can't wait.

3. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

Returned mine 2 days ago. Wasn't planning on returning it for the white, but after seeing more pictures of it and having the black in hand I decided I wasn't quite satisfied.

4. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

5. XciteMe thread starter macrumors 6502

So I answered it correctly? That's just what I heard, I didn't know for sure.

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

What's the big attraction to a white iPhone 4?

7. Luar949 macrumors newbie

What happens to our unlimited data plan? And do I have to use an iPhone while I wait for the white one? I'm returning my black 4 tmrw :) yes selfish a hole :)

8. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

If you return your phone within 30 days for a refund, your service and contract is cancelled, at least that is per Apple's website.

Not exactly sure how it is now, but I do know that in the past AT&T would not allow you a refund on a subsidized phone, with ETF paid by carrier and then allow you to purchase another subsidized phone on same line. I am not sure if that policy has changed, but I do know, from working for AT&T in the past, that this process was frowned upon and that they often would make you pay a fee or open a new line. Again things may have changed since then.

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm keeping my black because I prefer it over white but I would've return and repurchase as well if the white came out first and black afterwards. Apple screwed themselves with the antenna issue and having to issue full refunds. I'm sure there would be less returns for the black and purchase of the white if people had to pay restocking fees.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not for nothing, but yes, it is your fault. You could have waited patiently until the phone came out, then made your purchase, like every other person who is waiting for the white iPhone is doing. Then this would be a non-issue for you. You didn't have to BUY the Black phone. You were too impatient to delay your gratification.

Sounds like you're trying to justify buying your phone for returning it, which is shoddy.

And no, there still is no date for it. Jobs said 'end of the month' during the Press conference last Tuesday. That would mean no later than July 30th, as that is the last business day of the month. If you bought too early, and Apple/ATT cancels your upgrade elegibility, you're a victim of your own doing. Good luck.

BL.

11. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

12. Oversoul macrumors member

Do you think you're so special that you needed to announce your return in a whole new thread? Seriously, how many of these threads do we need? Just a little further down, there's a "The "I just returned my black iP4, awaiting white!" thread." Or are you just too special to post in that one?