iPhone 4 review/experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrownManUPS, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Hey guys!

I have made a blog post about my iPhone 4 and some general first impressions (http://allthingstarun.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/iphone-4-review/). But I also wanted to tell the tale of my day.

I got to the parking lot at 5:30a and was standing in the reservation line for a good 3 hours before I was in and out with the device. The Apple Store eventually had cops come in and set up two lines, but before there was chaos with the non-reservation line (anyone at Indianapolis want to comment on this?). The non-reservation line was at the door, wrapped around the mall to a garage parking lot. It had at least 300-400 people by the time the doors opened, with more trickling in. The reservation line also had about 200 people in line, with more coming in as the line progressed through. I knew I was getting a phone but to come early and see the crowd was amazing -- never thought a consumer product could garner this much hype.

Anyway, at about 6:45am, the Apple Store people came out shouting and hollering getting the crowd excited, and food was being tossed out to those in both lines (non-reservations got preference). There was a lot of smart water, chex mix bags, and Starbucks coffee to be had. A band had also set up, playing some covers of tunes (violinist and a guitarist). It was a funny band and good entertainment. The Apple Store was limited to having about 50 people (including employees) at any given time, and the ratio of people let in was about 1 non-reservation to 3-4 reservations. They had a huge stock of phones behind the genius bar and even more in the back room, to be sure. The manager did say he told many people to leave as stock just wasn't high enough. Once I did get in the store (about 8:00a), I quickly picked up a 32GB phone, even though I had reserved a 16GB phone. They were nice about it and it was a great experience overall.

Anyway, enjoy my review and let me know if you have any questions/comments in the blog. Happy iPhone Day!

PS -- I got on the news and was interviewed! Nice!!

2. BrownManUPS thread starter macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS