iphone 4 s apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by obi604, Nov 18, 2011.

1. obi604 macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4S which I only got recently
    I have been looking for apps that can do the below but cant for the life of me find them

These are the apps I am looking for :

1. An App that will show all your connections at once, ( WIFI, 3G, bluetooth etc. ) and enable you to turn them on/off at the touch of a button beside having to go settings > general > network > etc.

2. An app that will show your real time battery usage e.g. at this time, your screen is consuming 13% of power, your wifi is comsuming 9% of power, your mail is consuming 9% of power etc. etc.

Anyone have any suggestions on apps here ?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Neither of these are possible using the public APIs. So no such apps can exist on the app store. It may be possible on Jailbroken phones: I know nothing about them.

3. obi604 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply

its fairly basic that apps like these have not been developed or even included on the iPhone IMHO

4. daooof macrumors regular

For #1 I don't know of a specific app store app that will do it, but if you jailbreak it (and I'm not sure if the jailbreak for the 4s is out yet) you can get an app called SBSettings or Intelliscreen.

5. obi604 thread starter macrumors newbie

right, thanks. is jail breaking a difficult or foolish thing to do ?

6. daooof macrumors regular

It just really depends what your tastes are and what you need. With the apt tutorials you can find on this site and others it shouldn't be too difficult. You can restore your phone at any time to factory settings and get rid of the jailbreak if you choose. So IMO it's worth trying out.

7. obi604 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

do you know know of any decent links with step by step guides ?

8. daooof macrumors regular

Look at the iPhone hacks forum section

9. dashtekahe macrumors member

For your second request I recommend "Battery Boost Magic" It is $0.99 but a great app.

10. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

For your first question, there is a 99 cent app called Switches +. It is basically a shortcut to those settings, but faster than flipping through the settings app. Worth a try.

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue