iPhone 4 Safari crashes when accessing internet at school

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maaz, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, all my other iphones used to connect perfectly to my college wifi, when I would go to safari it would ask me to enter my login and password for the school, and then it would redirect me to the website I was browsing, but Ever since I got my iPhone 4, when I launch safari, it gives me a security popup, it says it is not a trusted website, asks me to cancel, see details, or continue, I continue and safari just crashes, I have tried everything possible. The security popup only started to show since the new iPhone, and my friend has a 3GS updated to 4.0 and he gets the popup Also but he presses continue and everything works fine. Any advise?

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Try Settings~Safari~and turn off the fraud Warning. Hope that fixes it

3. Maaz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah man, I tried that already, also tried to change around other safari settings, yet nothing works.

4. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

hmm. Try calling AppleCare tomorrow I guess. Maybe try resetting all network settings under Reset in the Settings app.

5. draz macrumors 6502a

Go to Settings -> Safari -> Auto Fill -> Off

And see if that helps. It's a bug and that seems to be a fix for some right now

6. Maaz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will give both of the above suggestions a try tomorrow. Thanks guys, I'll keep everyone posted.

7. Maaz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Omg thank you !
    I turned off auto fill and now it works. Thanks again.