iPhone 4 sales are still going strong...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Sep 9, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Who is buying these iphone 4 anyway? The new one is around the corner. Even if you do not want the new iPhone, the iPhone 4 will be most likely see the price reduction with 100 dollars.

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

The majority of people don't know or care about a new iPhone.

3. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

I'm planning to buy an iPhone 4 next week, it satisfies my needs, why pay more for something that i don't really need

4. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

because the home button will bust out on you after a year like my iphone 4 home button did.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Well, since it happened to you then I guess it must happen to everyone :rolleyes:

6. tubalores macrumors member

tubalores

Plenty of people have had no issues with the home button...including myself. It's always unfortunate when something does go wrong with a device, but we don't even know for sure that the mechanical home button won't be on the new device.

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I'm planning on getting an iPhone 4 in white for my wife. With my FAN I can get a refurbished one for $99 on a on a year contract. You'll still be ab;e to get iOS 5 anyway.

8. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Historically speaking, if you were to wait an extra week or so, you'd likely be spending LESS for the iPhone 4.

9. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Funny, because this way you are paying more for the iPhone 4, when the iPhone 5 will most probably cost the same and will have many more features, and it'll be released in about 3 weeks.

Obviously you can do what you please. It just doesn't make sense buying an iPhone 4 when the 5 is around the corner.

10. blunti macrumors 6502a

never had a problem with my 10 months old factory unlocked i4.

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Well my FAN sent out notices about new or refurbished iPhone 4's on a ONE YEAR contract so I don't want to lose that. I prefer 1 year contracts. I will be getting her a refurbished one for $99. If something is wrong with it then I'll take it to Genius and get a replacement.

12. vyas22 macrumors newbie

I'm getting a White 16gb next week, simply because my contract is up for renewal and my Blackberry is on it's last legs. I may sell it and pay the added extra when the iPhone 5 launches, or keep it and be content with ios5.

13. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

You know what really made no sense? Back in December when I got my iP4 all my pals were putting me down saying I should of just waited six more months[obviously wrong now of course]. But with that kind of altitude your never going to be happy with your technology. Why get the iP5 when you can just wait another year and get the iP6? See what I'm getting at here?

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed, you should always be content with what you have. Tech just moves too fast for people to have the latest and greatest.

6 months is a long time, and it sucks that your pals said to wait, because i would never have recommended that for anyone.
    But 3 weeks...until the iPhone 5 will be released, you can't go wrong waiting for that.

15. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Three people in my office got the iPhone 4 this week, despite me telling them the new model was coming next month. They got the phone free on a £40 per month tariff, so they're not complaining and think it's an amazing bit of kit that they've not stopped raving about to one another.

16. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Unless of course you can snag great deals on the iPhone 4. Usually right before the next revision of the iPhone the older model is getting temporary price cuts to try and sell off excess inventory.

17. Liquinn Suspended

I've met a few people over the past few months with the iPhone 4. I'm still stuck with the 3GS... ahh well, atleast I have something.

But I doubt they have an iPad, so it's justified, I guess.

18. oplix Suspended

oplix

Happened to me on my launch day iphone 4 but i had it replaced back in may for free

19. tann macrumors 68000

I know right? I know TWO people who really wanted iPhones. One knew that there was a 5 literally right around the corner one didn't. The one who didn't I advised to wait a couple weeks, and I think they are. I said the same to the one who knew that a 5 was soon, they ended up buying a 4 today on a 12 month contract.

20. mpossoff macrumors 68020

12 month contracts are awesome. I get that with my FAN on all lines.

21. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

People are buying the iPhone 4 because it's the #1 selling phone in the world!
    Android CAN NEVER match Apple quality and costumer service.
    So if the iPhone 4 has an A4 single-core? It beats Dual-Core android phones.
    Yes I admit I have a Nokia C7 BUT my next phone will be 100% the iPhone (if it comes to T-Mobile :D). No one can OR will ever surpass Apple in quality and costumer service. So if android has 300,000 apps? iOS has over 600,000 :eek:.

22. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Because within a month a phone that will exceed your needs will cost the same price?

23. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I love my iphone 4 and would be more than happy to keep it but i'm in a position to buy the 5 and let my girlfriend have the 4 which she would love as it is so much better than her 3G

the 4 is still a great phone and will be for a while...had no problems with the home button only thing would be signal drops low and says no service alot when im at work..but guess thats normal

IOS 5 will still run great with the iphone 4...still a great buy and will be for a good few years yet IMO.