iPhone 4 San Diego Availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djuarez03, Jul 14, 2010.

1. djuarez03 macrumors regular

Since I'm getting ready to purchase, thought I might get some good tips before I go on my "hunt". I want to be able to walk in to an Apple Store and purchase the iPhone, but I was wondering, for those in the San Diego area who have recently bought an iPhone 4, how easy/hard is it to find it right now? Are they basically still selling out as soon as they get shipments in, or do they have some type of waitlist that they make you go on?

2. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Just at fashion valley and saw a few people purchasing ip4.

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Why do people make these useless threads?:rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be just easier to call your local stores and ask them if they have iPhone 4's?:confused:

4. djuarez03 thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe, but if you notice, my questions weren't so much about "is there an iPhone 4 here in so-so place", they were about trying to find out what to expect in my local vicinity.

5. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Your question/thread is pointless. Even if I was in an Apple store this morning and they had tons of phones does not mean that if you walk in there tonight they will still be there.

I know everybody these days likes to have people do the hard work for them, but you might need to pick up the phone yourself and call each Apple store in the area to see what they have in stock.

6. djuarez03 thread starter macrumors regular

I miss the good old days when the Internet was about exchanging information with others instead of finding ways to bash on other people. :p

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've been to the apple store Fashion Valley a couple times and noticed the employees bringing iPhone 4's out to the front for people each time.. don't know if those people were on a list however. UTC doesn't have them. Friend was just there an hour ago. Try calling the Otay Valley or Carlsbad stores?

8. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

These are almost surely reservations. A few of my friends are on the list and have been stopping by daily to get one and UTC has been out of phones for walk-in purchase.

I would suspect the same is true at Fashion Valley, but call.

You might actually have better luck in Carlsbad.

9. madius macrumors newbie

This is slightly off topic...anyone in San Diego able to kill their reception with the "death grip?"

I live in Irvine, but was in San Diego for the weekend (which I know gets great AT&T coverage). Normally I'm able to kill the reception and data with just one finger in Irvine, however in San Diego I was unable to reproduce the issue at all. I couldn't believe it.

10. b-ryan6101 macrumors newbie

I've been on the fashion valley "priority list" since July 2nd. So far, nothing...