iPhone 4 saved my life!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MultiMediaWill, Aug 3, 2010.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I want to personally thank Apple for the Iphone 4 but i couldn't find a place to send them a direct email. This past sunday me and my friends were boating at Lake Lanier in Georgia. We got stuck in the middle of the lake in a severe thunderstorm, with strong winds, hail and hard pouring rain. The waves were crashing and boat almost capcsized. We were soaking wet, scared and thought we were going to die. I was still able to get a signal, in the storm while we were wet, the phone was getting wet and I was still able to call 911 and stay on the phone with them for 30 minutes when my battery was at 18%. Also second note...911 was only able to locate us because the Iphone's GPS signal. THANKKK YOU APPLE!!! It (the phone) literally along with prayer saved our lives and so I want to say thank you. I will forever be a loyal Apple/iphone customer.

2. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Couldn't any smart phone do this? I don't get it...

3. thep33t macrumors regular

seems like a little common sense would have gotten you a lot further.

Heck, might even help you more down the line as well...

4. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

6. 1 Cor. 15:26 macrumors member

Lake Lanier? Seriously dude. Lake Lanier. You got stuck in a storm...on Lake Lanier.

Seeing as the drought weve been having in GA for the past few years with sporadic showers, the water levels of Lake Lanier have fallen drastically. And you got stuck...in a torrential storm, where GPS was the only thing that saved you...on Lake Lanier.

7. longhornx macrumors newbie

And 911 probably located you by cell tower - not gps.

8. BladeLWS macrumors member

You got lucky, now go out and buy a real VHF radio.

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

10. aedraste macrumors member

If only Apple provided a way for you to view weather conditions on your phone.

We'll have to save that for the future, though. Along with common sense.

11. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

12. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

13. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

common guys stop blasting the poor chap! he almost drowned! email sjobs@apple.com !!! :) ah and also gizmodo!

14. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

Even a dumb phone.

15. illutionz macrumors 65816

Hm... this same guy posted some flamebait 24 hrs ago... and another one around 12 hours ago.

I wonder... ;)

16. Ndalal macrumors newbie

17. gmikesell macrumors regular

I gotta say it... Can't help myself...

Pics or it didn't happen!

18. navigates macrumors 6502a

What u didn't get any pics of the storm. did you trip off the water sensor of the iphone 4? I mean didn't the call drop? did the antenna keep up the call?

Maybe the op got one of those fixed iphone versions.

19. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

wow you would think that you would have alerted us of this on sunday night after you registered your account and started posting.

But instead it took you 2 days to remember about how much you love your iphone for saving your life? seems suspect to me...

20. navigates macrumors 6502a

Didn't the rain short out the naughty spot of the phone? Did you get Call failed even once. ? probably he had a microcell on him as well.

21. navigates macrumors 6502a

Well to give credit to the OP, any storm can be perceived as BIG specially if he was with his wife. I remember I had gone for a canoe in Banff and it started to get cloudy and wet with rain. My wife exclaimed as though its the end of world and we are all going to die. I'm sure that weather pattern was never reported.

22. EarlofCroydon macrumors member

EarlofCroydon

Can't you guys just believe a story. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter just the nice idea of technology helping a guy out in a bad situation. Talk about pessimism. On another note, iPhone 3GS's have GPS too ;D

23. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

He's happy because he didn't die. He's happy also because the iPhone 4 contributed to him staying alive.