iPhone 4 saved my life!

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
I want to personally thank Apple for the Iphone 4 but i couldn't find a place to send them a direct email. This past sunday me and my friends were boating at Lake Lanier in Georgia. We got stuck in the middle of the lake in a severe thunderstorm, with strong winds, hail and hard pouring rain. The waves were crashing and boat almost capcsized. We were soaking wet, scared and thought we were going to die. I was still able to get a signal, in the storm while we were wet, the phone was getting wet and I was still able to call 911 and stay on the phone with them for 30 minutes when my battery was at 18%. Also second note...911 was only able to locate us because the Iphone's GPS signal. THANKKK YOU APPLE!!! It (the phone) literally along with prayer saved our lives and so I want to say thank you. I will forever be a loyal Apple/iphone customer.

thep33t

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
seems like a little common sense would have gotten you a lot further.

Heck, might even help you more down the line as well...

1 Cor. 15:26

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
Lake Lanier? Seriously dude. Lake Lanier. You got stuck in a storm...on Lake Lanier.

Seeing as the drought weve been having in GA for the past few years with sporadic showers, the water levels of Lake Lanier have fallen drastically. And you got stuck...in a torrential storm, where GPS was the only thing that saved you...on Lake Lanier.

aedraste

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2009
If only Apple provided a way for you to view weather conditions on your phone.

We'll have to save that for the future, though. Along with common sense.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
What u didn't get any pics of the storm. did you trip off the water sensor of the iphone 4? I mean didn't the call drop? did the antenna keep up the call?

Maybe the op got one of those fixed iphone versions.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I want to personally thank Apple for the Iphone 4 but i couldn't find a place to send them a direct email. This past sunday me and my friends were boating at Lake Lanier in Georgia. We got stuck in the middle of the lake in a severe thunderstorm, with strong winds, hail and hard pouring rain. The waves were crashing and boat almost capcsized. We were soaking wet, scared and thought we were going to die. I was still able to get a signal, in the storm while we were wet, the phone was getting wet and I was still able to call 911 and stay on the phone with them for 30 minutes when my battery was at 18%. Also second note...911 was only able to locate us because the Iphone's GPS signal. THANKKK YOU APPLE!!! It (the phone) literally along with prayer saved our lives and so I want to say thank you. I will forever be a loyal Apple/iphone customer.
wow you would think that you would have alerted us of this on sunday night after you registered your account and started posting.

But instead it took you 2 days to remember about how much you love your iphone for saving your life? seems suspect to me...

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Didn't the rain short out the naughty spot of the phone? Did you get Call failed even once. ? probably he had a microcell on him as well.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Well to give credit to the OP, any storm can be perceived as BIG specially if he was with his wife. I remember I had gone for a canoe in Banff and it started to get cloudy and wet with rain. My wife exclaimed as though its the end of world and we are all going to die. I'm sure that weather pattern was never reported.

EarlofCroydon

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2010
Can't you guys just believe a story. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter just the nice idea of technology helping a guy out in a bad situation. Talk about pessimism. On another note, iPhone 3GS's have GPS too ;D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.