iPhone 4 says it's full but it's not - HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Candlelight, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Candlelight macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

I have an issue with iTunes (which I have to say is the worst media management tool I've ever come across). I have a bunch of songs that are listed under Device / Music (I'm referring to folders down the left hand side of iTunes), but have since been deleted from my iPhone 4 (and, due to upgrading my laptop two days ago with a fresh install, my computer). Now under iTunes I can't delete a song from this directory, which I think is the norm, but I can under Library / Music, which of course doesn't follow through into my iPhone.

Problem I have though is after reinstalling my laptop it looks like iTunes has synced everything in Device / Music and dumped it on my iPhone, yet my iPhone's music directory is practically empty! Now it says I'm using 8.3GB total space and my capacity is blown. It says 2.8GB is music and yet I have only four or five songs (audio books) on it.

Any help? Or am I looking at wiping my phone and starting again?

Am running 5.1.1 on an iPhone 4 (8GB) and, as of yesterday, iTunes 10.7 (previously 10.6.2).

2. Legios macrumors regular

3. Candlelight thread starter macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

Getting weirder. Plugged it in this morning and iTunes now reporting correctly, saying I'm using 0.4GB of music, and about 75% total capacity used.

HOWEVER...

As soon as I hit sync it blows out to 110%. I wait 1 minute. It drops back to 75%.

I love Apple. I really do.

Where's my old reliable Blackberry?